Metal roofing is one of the most popular options in roof restoration and replacement. Whether you’re planning on re-roofing to save your house from further deterioration or to increase its market value, the benefits of using metal roofing are worth considering.
Bower Roofing shares some of the benefits of this roofing option:
1.Heat Reflection. Perth’s extremely sunny weather can be a big problem for homeowners, as it translates to low energy efficiency of your air conditioning unit, especially during the summer months. But, metal roofing helps you avoid this problem with its ability to reflect the sun’s heat. Thanks to metal roofing, with a significantly cooler house, you can expect to receive and pay for lower electricity bills.
2. Easy Installation and Maintenance. The lightweight structure of metal roofing makes its installation a fast and easy job for you to do. This also means that you get to save a lot of money which would have gone into buying additional building materials to support the metal roofing. Moreover, it does not require a lot of upkeep on your end.
3. Durability. Despite its being lightweight, metal roofing is surprisingly tough. Falling tree limbs will not be a problem for you as they can’t put a dent on your pressure-resistant roof.
4. Longevity. You can expect your metal roofing to last for many years. Its ability to seal out water and to endure strong winds contributes greatly to its long life. It even provides you protection from mildew and decay; thus, preventing the untimely deterioration of your roof.
5. Aesthetics. Far from being too commercial-looking, metal roofing allows you to give your house an instant makeover. Whether contemporary or country-style, the signature simple geometric design of metal roofing could easily blend with the architectural style of your house.
6. Fire Resistance. Metal roofs are extremely resistant to fire, which is what makes them the preferred roofing material among home builders. Because of this fire-resistant property, metal roofing lets you utilise it even if your house has a chimney or stovepipe.
The use of metal roofing can be costly – initially. But, in the long run, the rewards you gain in using it far outweigh the cost.