Every state has a specific set of laws that deal with vehicle drivers who drive under the influence (DUI) of alcohol and drugs. If ever you happen to be charged with DUI, it can make significant changes to your life. You’ll have to bear with the stigma of having a criminal record which will make it difficult for you to get jobs and licenses. Your best bet in such a situation is to find a DUI attorney to help you.
What a DUI attorney can do for you
According to Barton DUI Law, DUI attorneys are knowledgeable about specific DUI laws in different states. With their legal knowledge and experience, DUI attorneys can defend suspected offenders of DUI laws. These lawyers can bargain with the prosecutor on the case and arrive at the best agreement possible, including the dropping of the case itself.
Benefits of hiring a DUI attorney
Here are some of the legal assistances you can expect from DUI attorneys:
- They can reduce the amount of fine you need to pay.
- They can reach a plea deal in prison without taxes and fines.
- They can delay the proceedings of the court until an opinion is formed in your favor
- They can easily subpoena the police report of the DUI accident
- They can arrive at an agreement to reduce or drop the charges altogether
- They can appeal against a license suspension that will allow you to still drive while the trial is on
Other benefits of having a DUI attorney
Apart from legal assistance, you can also rely on DUI attorneys for the following:
- You can contact them anytime of the through any means of communication available to you.
- You can be assured that everything you discuss with the lawyer will remain confidential.
- You can be assured of a fair trial as DUI attorneys can help determine if the police conducted the DUI test correctly or not.