Even at an early age, women like to look good. Schoolgirls are of no exception to this rule. While you, as a parent, are thrilled about your young girl’s steps in formal education, she is most likely mixing and matching uniform accessories and is thrilled about the garments she will be wearing to school.
With research and a little creativity, you will discover that it is possible for your young one to stick to the school’s dress code and be chic and trendy at the same time.
Here are some important factors that need to know about the girl school uniforms:
- Understand school regulations – You can get a copy of mandatory clothing guidelines well in advance. Find out if there are fabric and cut restrictions. In some institutions, only cotton clothing is allowed. Once you are clear of the parameters, it will become easier.
- Factor in growth – Consider buying larger sizes as children tend to grow rapidly. If they are too long, you can hem them if necessary. This is important, especially if you buy early.
- Learn to innovate – If the school allows uniform style and pattern alterations, then innovate and make your young lady look more attractive. Always remember, though, to stick to regulations.
- Be hip – Know the latest trends in socks and shoes. Again, make sure that you are adhering to the prescribed dress code.
- Prepare for the entire week – You can buy stock to last at least a week. You can even have different patterns for every day of the week. This also gives you ample wash time.
Make sure to buy early and beat the rush. You can always get better deals during the holiday season. You can also order them online, where you can compare prices. While shopping online, ensure that you get the colour and specifications right.